Friday, June 6, 2014

This has been an interesting trip for me. The majority of my international missions experience has been to be a manual laborer. This has given me great pleasure because I knew my role and my lack of Spanish was not a significant barrier. 

My role this trip has been more passive as I've been challenged to listen to and ask questions of the local school leaders. This has given me more of an insight regarding the Nicaraguan people, some of their history and hardships. 

The people I've met here have been welcoming and grateful for our presence. The human needs are certainly present and I'm sure the spiritual needs are too, but not in a way more significant than for us all.

Watching a medical ministry effort for my first time has been awesome. I am so thankful for the service that Rhett and the other personnel are providing. This meets a need that the people can't provide for themselves especially not in this way. 

Tammy is a true leader and servant in this effort as she uses her organizational skills and abundance of God's love to bring His message to both children and adults of Nicaragua. Her presence also greatly impacts the success of our team as she shares her passion for this work with us. 

The needs here are significant and God's people are responding and this certainly isn't limited to those of us from the U. S. The local congregation at FBC Matagalpa has Christlike leaders and many members who come together at 6 each morning for worship and prayer. I can't say I've seen this type of devotion before. This congregation has ministries beyond the walls of their church as they serve those in multiple communities. It is this effort on their part that we, as FBC Cornelia, want to support as partners with them in God's work. The challenges will be many, but the rewards will be priceless for all and eternal as well.

I am thankful to have had this experience with these people at this time as I always find myself blessed in serving others and working as a team. 


Moving forward I see the role of both our congregation and the congregation of FBC Matagalpa changing as God continues to work. For now it is time to join others in the morning worship as one people united by God. Adios!

- Tony Reabold

No comments:

Post a Comment